Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
After a week of beautiful weather, I have developed the inevitable sinus infection. I have a real love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love that it’s so nice out, and I can spend most of the day outdoors. I hate that the weather change always seems to land me in bed with a sore throat and stabbing pain in my temples. Good news is that I seem to be doing better today than I was yesterday, so hopefully this one will be short lived.
Despite feeling under the weather, I’ve been getting a lot of planting done. I have to say, it’s strange waiting for the weather to cool down enough to start seeds, rather than waiting for it to warm up. Most of our winter crops include herbs, lettuces, and greens. These seeds don’t like to germinate unless the nighttime temperatures are at least 50-60 degrees. We finally got down to those temps last week, so I’ve been planting as much as I can. I’m getting really good results, so I’m happy. If you ever want seeds with really good germination rates, check out Strictly Medicinal Seeds. These seeds are two years old, and I’m still getting almost 100% germination rates.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
Featured Posts from the Last
Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Bacon Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup from Easy Peasy Life Matters
2. Making Apple Cider Vinegar from Hostile Valley Living
3. What is a Tincture and How Do I Make One? from Incidental Farm Girl
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!