Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
So, as this pregnancy progresses into the third trimester, I find myself struggling to stay productive. I have a strong desire to do all the things, but my energy level and attention span have other ideas. Just staying on task is a fight in and of itself. I write a lot of lists, but I either giveup halfway through or (more commonly) forget where I put the list.
One nice thing about modern technology is that I have a phone that can track my to-do lists, and when I misplace my phone, I can use my computer or tablet to tell me where to find it. So I’ve been trying out different methods and apps to keep me on track. I started out using my iPhone’s built in Calendar and Reminder apps, but they were too easy for me to ignore. I know this may sound backwards, but I tend to ignore notifications the more they pop up, so I try to limit notifications to only very important ones (like reminders to leave to go somewhere). Otherwise, I tune out all of the notifications and never get anything accomplished. Yes, I’m also one of those people who has thousands of unread emails and tends to turn off my alarm clock without realizing it.
So instead, I looked for an app that would motivate me to stay on task, rather than constantly remind me of all of the things I haven’t done yet. That’s when I stumbled upon the Productive app. I can break my habits and reminders into morning, afternoon, and evening, or just set them to anytime daily, weekly, or montly. It will only remind me in the morning, afternoon, and evening that I have tasks to complete, unless I set individual tasks to remind me more frequently. And it’ll encourage me by telling me if I’m on a streak or if I’m overdue (but not how many days I’m overdue). I’ve been using it for a week, and it’s really helping me get back into my groove. I have yet to complete all of my tasks for a day, but I’m accomplishing more each day and getting more done. I’ll take any progress I can get.
So, what are your tricks for staying organized and productive?
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Worm Compost Seed Starting Mix from Organic 4 Green Livings
2. How to Keep Deer Out of Your Garden from Feathers in the Woods
3. Should You Let Your Chickens Free Range from Murano Chicken Farm
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
Share by Pinning!