Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
We’re nearing the end of July and my due date. While I’m looking forward to being not-pregnant (and getting out of bed like a normal person), I still don’t feel ready to be the mom to three kids. I know, probably should have thought about that last fall. I love kids, my kids especially, so it’s not like I’m not looking forward to being a mother of three. I just feel like there is still so much that needs to be done to get ready, and I don’t have the energy to do half of it. This will also (hopefully) be my first time going into labor on my own, which is daunting in its own right. When will I go into labor? Will someone be available to drive me? Will I be able to find someone to watch the kids or bring them with us? I live a little over an hour from the hospital, will we make it there in time? I hate surprises, and no plan seems adequate enough for the number of possible unknowns.
As for the farm, Hubby assures me that all of the animals are still alive. If you follow along on Instagram, you may have seen where my son got a Jersey Wooly rabbit. We’ll hopefully have a boyfriend for her soon, then my son should be showing her babies next spring. I showed Jersey Woolies through high school, so I’m pretty excited to be involved in the breed again. I was hesitant to get back into them now that I live in Florida because I was worried about the heat, but the breeder we got her from raises hers outdoors and assured me she’d be ok in the shade with planty of water and airflow. Still, I’m taking some precautions to make sure she stays comfortable.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Marigold Bug Spray from Feathers in the Woods
2. Easy Taco Casserole from Gentle Joy Homemaker
3. Foraging Reishi Mushrooms from Practical Self Reliance
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
Share by Pinning!