Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
If you were here last week, you’ll know that I was in labor leading up to the blog hop. I did have a healthy baby boy a little after midnight on August 2. You can read a little more about his birth on Facebook. We came home from the hospital on Friday, and our days home have been a combination of sleep deprivation and pain medication, which basically equates to little to no productivity on my end. I know, I know, my priority right now is to heal and take care of the baby, but I also see the chores piling up, and I dread having to play catch-up in the not so distant future. The good news is the baby is already starting to settle into a sleep schedule, and I’m going longer stretches between pain meds, so I’m starting to feel more and more like myself. I’m still a long way from being 100%, but I’m getting there slowly. I spent most of yesterday sitting in a regular chair, working on the computer, which is more than I’ve been able to do for the last few months. It may not seem like much, but it’s closer to normal than I’ve felt in a while.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Make Amazing Whey for Lacto Fermentation from Healing Harvest Homestead
2. Six Ways to Dry Homegrown Herbs from Oak Hill Homestead
3. How to Freeze Blackberries from My Fearless Kitchen
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
Share by Pinning!