Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
I’m sure everyone is thinking about the Houston area this week and the tremendous amount of rain and flooding that they are experiencing as part of Hurricane Harvey. While they are still in response mode at the moment to minimize the loss of life, the flood waters will soon receed, and they will be faced with the enormous recovery phase of this disaster. There is really no way to recover a home that has been completely submerged in water. Many will lose their homes and most of their belongings. How many lived in flood zones and had flood insurance? Did you know that home owner’s insurance will not cover flood damage if you do not have a seperate flood policy? There are areas that are completely under water that have never seen flooding before. One river is about to reach its 800 year flood stage. That means that river has not seen this much flooding in the past 800 years!
I know that a lot of people question which charities are the most dependable when it comes to donations for disaster response (most notably, which ones give the largest portion of the donation directly to the victims). Here are a few that I’ve heard recommended repeatedly as doing the most good following these types of disasters:
As always, even if you are not able to give financially, please keep these people and the responders in your prayers. God can do amazing things, especially in situations like this that seem so overwhelming.
Don’t Miss the Giveaway!
You have a few more days to enter the giveaway to win The Natural Soapmaking Book for Beginners. If you already have a copy you can still enter to win it as a great gift for the holidays to your family or friends.
GO HERE to Enter: Anti Aging Soap Recipe and GIVEAWAY ENTRY
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Save the Tomato Seeds from Learn the Legacy
2. Invasion of the Small Hive Beetle from Bloom Where You’re Planted
3. 5 Reasons Why Plants Love Garlic from Feathers in the Woods
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
Share by Pinning!