Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Here we are 2 days post hurricane, and I can honestly say I’m glad that’s over. We’re fine. Our property is fine. Our animals are fine. But I am exhausted, both mentally and physically. We have a lot of trees and limbs down, which will take a lot of time and energy to clean up. We started the process yesterday and barely got the driveway done, not to mention the rest of the property. I’m still recovering from my c-section, which makes this process even more frustrating because I’m in pain five minutes into any work. No, I probably shouldn’t be doing any cleanup, but who else is there? My kids can only do so much, and I can’t ask my husband to do it all himself. We don’t have any family locally, and my friends have their own messes to clean up. So I push myself as far as I feel I can safely, then I go sit for a while and hope I don’t regret it later.
The nice thing is we’re getting some decent weather since Irma left. Our house was actually chilly this morning, despite having no air conditioning. Maybe autumn isn’t that far away after all.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Hot Process vs Cold Process Which is Better from Healing Harvest Homestead
2. How to Measure Sticky Ingredients from My Fearless Kitchen
3. Fermenting Vegetables from Hostile Valley Living
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Link Back to be Featured!
Want to add to our Homestead Blog Hop group board that goes out to thousands of viewers?
Just follow us and then send us a message on Pinterest with your email and we’ll get you added.