Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Well, it was bound to happen…I’ve caught the crud. I’ve been fighting it since before Christmas. Taking my Zyrtec, doubling up on my Vitamin C, I even added in some Nasacort for good measure. I probably should have been doing my sinus flushes, but I didn’t feel like I was quite there yet. Aside from a little congestion and tickle in my throat in the mornings, I was feeling pretty good. In fact, I started a new vitamin regimen and had been feeling GREAT. For the first time in a long time, I’ve had energy to last me all day. I’ve been getting stuff done and I feel like a fog has been lifted from my brain.
Then, we had my daughter’s birthday party at Chuck E Cheese on Sunday. Maybe it was running myself ragged to get everything done. Maybe it was trying to talk over the loud music, video games, and happy children. Maybe it was being surrounded by all of those happy children, with their exposures to who knows what kinds of bacteria and viruses. Or more than likely, it was a combination of all three. By the time I got home, my throat was sore, voice was hoarse, and my body ached all over. I woke up Monday morning with a head full of gunk, and it just got progressively worse from there.
I did go to the doctor yesterday and got antibiotics. I don’t get sinus infections very often anymore, but I know that they rarely resolve on their own for me. I had already cut way back on my coffee consumption, but now it’s been completely replaced with Throat Coat herbal tea from Traditional Medicinals. In fact, I’m going on Day 3 without coffee. It’s hard to believe.
While I filled my prescription at Publix, I also picked up Organic Manuka Honey Drops, Coldcalm, and Puffs with Vicks, not to mention a variety of soups and a couple bags of oyster crackers. Then I came home, drink my tea and a bottle of homemade kombucha, took my medicine, rubbed Vicks on my feet, put my socks on, and went to bed. I still feel like death warmed over, but at least now I feel ready to beat this thing. Mommy doesn’t have time to be sick.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 3 Top Herbal Remedies to Treat Cold and Flu from Organic 4 Green Livings
2. Spicy Sausage and Chickpea Soup from Poinsettia Drive
3. DIY All Purpose and Surface Spray Recipe from Grandma’s House DIY
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Link Back to be Featured!
Want to add to our Homestead Blog Hop group board that goes out to thousands of viewers?
Just follow us and then send us a message on Pinterest with your email and we’ll get you added.