Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Change is in the air. Public school kids go back to school this week. My family is even falling into a routine and schedule that works for us. Don’t tell anyone, but we’ve made it on time to everywhere we needed to be this week. It’s like the Twilight Zone or something. One big change for me is I’ve decided to change the way we eat. I’m not saying we won’t still enjoy comfort foods from time to time (I’m not an all or none kind of person), but we had come to rely too heavily on convenience foods. It’s my fault. When I let myself get overwhelmed, I go for the easy solution. Unfortunately, eating crap food all of the time makes me more sluggish, which makes me feel even more overwhelmed. It’s a vicious cycle.
So I’m getting up early and making a healthy breakfast for Hubby and I. I’m cutting way back on starches, sugars, and dairy. I’m even drinking my coffee black. *gasp* So expect some new recipes soon. Don’t worry, I’ll still have lots of the old favorites too. Last night’s dinner was pasta salad with feta cheese, but it was also loaded with vegetables. Not trying to go crazy, just trying to do better.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Making (and gifting) Floral Simple Syrup from Souly Rested
2. Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions from Strength and Sunshine
3. 5 Different DIY No-Sew T Shirt Dog Toys from Sew Historically
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Link Back to be Featured!
Want to add to our Homestead Blog Hop group board that goes out to thousands of viewers?
Just follow us and then send us a message on Pinterest with your email and we’ll get you added.