Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Ever wake up on a Tuesday and realize it’s Wednesday? Yeah, that’s me this morning. I really thought my crazy summer was coming to an end, but apparently God wanted to throw me one more curve ball. Ok, maybe a few more curve balls. He likes to keep me on my toes like that.
It started with a new dog. I’d forgotten what it’s like to have a young Australian Shepherd in the house. She has a lot of energy, wants to play all the time, needs to be trained, and chews on EVERYTHING. Then we had baby goats born last week. That was rough because one of them didn’t make it, plus I’ve spent entirely too much time on goat forums reading about all of the things that can go wrong with goat kids, so I’m fretting over this little thing to make sure she’s eating enough, energetic enough, safe enough, etc.
So what could possibly make life more chaotic than puppies and goat kids? Add homeschooling curriculum. Yep, while everyone else is posting pictures of their kids going back to school, I’m finally getting around to ordering our curriculum and trying to figure out how I’m going to fit everything into our schedules.
Good news is I’m not afraid to reach out for help when I need it, so I’ve also been reading Managers of Their Homes. It’s a book on scheduling for homeschooling families. I used to be really good at keeping a schedule…before I had kids. Ever since, it’s been one poor scheduling attempt after another. It will still be a challenge since no two schedules are alike, but Managers of Their Homes has some good tips that I’m looking forward to putting into practice.
Needless to say, this is going to be a very active school year for us. Most of it is uncharted territory for me, so I’ll be happy to just get through it in one piece. Wish us luck!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
Featured Posts from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Easy Peasy Zucchini Muffins from Easy Peasy Life Matters
2. How to Make Cucumber Pickles ~ 4 Different Methods and Recipes from Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth
3. The Easy Way to Water the Garden from Oak Hill Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
- Please link back to the Homestead Blog Hop somehow (a text link is ok). This is one thing we look for when choosing who to feature. We will share on multiple social media if you are featured!
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
Let the Party Begin!