Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
I don’t know about where you are, but it is brutally hot and humid here in Florida right now. Add in the monsoon rain almost every afternoon, and the weeds are quickly taking over my garden. It reminds me why I typically take a break from gardening in the summer (yes, Florida’s growing seasons are backwards). My summer loving plants are enjoying this weather though. I’m hoping for a bit of a break in the rain this weekend, plus we don’t have anything else scheduled, so I want to get some weeding done and a few more plants in the ground. Where I’ve had my tomatoes this spring is proving to be too much sun for summer, so I’m going to plant cherry tomatoes in a more shaded location, then pull up my dead or dying tomato plants and replant with peppers and eggplants. I also need to find a place to plant some okra. All in all, I’m not giving up yet. What I’ve gotten from my garden this year has been encouraging, and I want to keep up that momentum.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Shampoo Bars, a Primer from Oak Hill Homestead
2. Raising Chickens in Small Spaces from Busy Gals Homestead
3. Strawberry Harvest from La Bella Farm
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
Share by Pinning!